Thursday, June 23, 2011

Top 5 Sparks

 (source: We Heart It)

I've been officially blogging for a year & a half now, can you believe it? After a while you loose track of what used to be mile-markers or looking for any kind of round number to celebrate. It seems silly in the same kind of way you roll your eyes at couples who celebrate 4 month anniversaries. But on this nominally momentous occasion, how would you like to take a little trip down memory lane with me?

Ladies & Gentlemen (who am I kidding? Ladies & more ladies....) I present to you: the top 5 posts in Sparky history for your perusing pleasure...

#5 - C25K
The story of how Tink & I went from couch potatoes to 5k finishers. I can't remember another time in my life when I felt so proud of any accomplishment. It makes me remember what it felt like to love running.

A love story for the ages: 3 best friends & a Valentine's tradition to remember.

You'll notice a trend with the top 3, they all involve being Germanic or embarrassing myself (apparently they're real crowd pleasers!) This one happens to be a combo. Who knew I had such skill to be absurd AND German at the same time?

I don't blame you guys one bit for making this a favorite. Fatty balls of deep-fried delish... who can resist? Go ahead & get your Pennsylvania Dutch on while you give this one another look. Although I swear I just gained 3 lbs. from reading.

This post rose to infamy when my pup was in the running for a cutest baby contest. I'm sure it's still burned in most of your memories for better or worse. Voting became a fierce rivalry & this post was the launching pad to the polls. But all's well that ends well... aka my dog totally kicked those toddlers' asses.

Did I miss any other favorites over the past 18 months? Don't leave me out here on Memory Lane all by myself, I'd love to hear the posts you love the best. I think the period mix will be going down in history as a personal favorite. haha 

Thanks for all the comments typed & friendships made over this year & a half... I don't have the most readers in the world but I'm fairly certain I have the best. Much love to you ALL.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to say... the period mix was freaking hilarious. I actually starred it in Google reader. Weird? A little, but that video was ridiculous! And yes, the 5k post was a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember every one of those posts! Especially the singing vlog! Loved that one so much! Congrats!! I think we've been blogging the same amount of time:) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm going to steal your idea and celebrate 18 months, too, if you don't mind! I got so excited to celebrate my blogiversary, then I feel like it's too long to wait for the next big celebration. Thanks for sharing your top 5. That's a great place to get started for new readers like me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.