Treat #1 - Morning Love
Emma sent me the playlist of that morning mix she made for me. I'm telling you it really is perfect, so if you want to have your own wake-up cd filled with songs chosen for just such a time, feel free follow Emma's list:
- Be (intro) - Common
- Where is my mind? - the pixies
- maps - yeah yeah yeahs
- float on - modest mouse
- hola hovito - Jay-Z
- 4 page letter - aaliyah
- *home - Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros
- the only living boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel
- the zephyr song - RHCP
- Be OK (acoustic) - Ingrid Michaelson
- *Good Morning (intro) - Kanye West
- All you ever wanted - The Black Keys
- The district sleeps alone tonight - The Postal Service
- Buildings and Bridges - Ani Difranco
- Learning to Fly - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Happiness is a Warm Gun - The Beatles
- *We Know - Talib Kweli & Faith Evans (this was her wedding recessional)
- Say it Ain't So - Weezer
- New Slang - The Shins
- He Woke Me Up - Sufjan Stevens
- *Dog Days are Over - Florence and the Machine
* My current favorites
Treat #2 - Off-Season Love
If you know me at all you had to have known I'd share this on my blog.
Hines Ward on Dancing with the Stars!!
No joke, yesterday I bribed my students to behave with this video.
Also speaking of my Steelers in the off-season spotlight... I was reading an interview with Matthew Morrison (Mr. Shue from Glee & celebrity crush that gives me tingles), & here's how he responded to a question about whether or not he watches trash TV:
I just fell even deeper into fictional-love.
Honestly, I come home and watch ESPN. I’m a big Mets fan, I love the Steelers -- but I grew up playing soccer, so I love watching soccer matches.
Treat #3 - Redeemed Omelet
I'm about to drop a little knowledge on you. Even if you have a ridiculously failed morning like mine, it can always be redeemed... turns out you can microwave eggs into an omelet.