Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Leftovers Lunch Date

Yesterday when I woke up & realized it was my last day of Thanksgiving Vacation, I took a long drawn out sigh & mentally listed all the things I'd left undone in the name of relaxation for a long weekend. It was enough to exhaust me even if I did sleep in until 9:30 (a crazy accomplishment for me!) But someday I'll learn to stop dreading packed-full days because they can turn out to be quite lovely!

I had to hand off a key at 10 & decided to make a morning of my errand & Big Dog it. (sometimes I like to turn my favorite things into verbs. Big Dogging is to spend time at Big Dog Coffee b/c it's as close as it comes to a real life "Cheers" where everybody knows your name.) True to expectations, 2 friends were already there when I arrived, & we were soon followed by 4 more. I have a new career ambition... find a job where I can do THIS every morning! When they headed out, my morning coffee date, Jen, finally showed up. And eventually Joanna wandered in too, set on studying. Believe it or not, Jen was the only coordinated meeting... the rest were sheer happenstance! This is the exact reason I could never live outside of a city. Ever.

Next thing I know it's 1:30, I've accomplished everything I need for the day, & my heart is incredibly full of friend-love. Does it get any better? Oh yes it does. It does when Jen has a fridge full of leftovers & you get your very first Turducken.

This is what perfect days are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.