Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Good Day

Do you ever have one of those days where all the little things start to add up & it turns into a really awesome day? That was yesterday. And it was LOVELY. I'd like to tell you about it...

Calling Off Work- my kids are on fall break so I called off yesterday. Automatic 50 points on the good day meter.

Ben Affleck- ok I didn't actually meet Ben Affleck... but the parking lot guy downtown LOOKED like him & was even wearing a track suit & gold chain: So Boston. So I got my flirt on a little (hey, it's not everyday I get to flirt with Ben Affleck). It really worked to my advantage b/c I forgot to get cash ahead of time even though I KNOW downtown the rule is you pay in advance & you pay cash. But he let me pay when I got back & took a whole hour off my fee. Thanks Ben!

Parking Court- This is where you're supposed to lose your faith in humanity, but I regained a little. First I wasn't prepared like I should have been, apparently it's bad form to show the judge photo evidence on your cell phone, but the desk girl was so sweet to reschedule my appointment to give me time to run to Kinkos & print my photos. AND I got out of BOTH my tickets thanks to my super-sleuth skills & my freshly printed photo evidence! That's $50 that will be staying in my bank account (or hanging in my closet).

Hot Dogs- Since I was already downtown I hung out with Jen down at Franktuary. Anytime I get to hang out with Jen makes my day better, but when you add in a hot dog with mozzarella, tomato & basil... I'd say that's another 30 points on the good day meter.

Time to Read- Enough said. Currently reading "I was told there'd be cake" by Sloane Crosley. She's like a female David Sedaris & just writes funny short stories.

Yoga- I ended my day with my new Bob Harper yoga DVD. You know Bob Harper... biggest loser Bob? He's fabulous & I love him to pieces. And I was actually able to get through the whole hour! Wooo! Of course my legs shook for the entire next hour, but I'll take that as a good thing.

Winner- And the cherry on top... I won a giveaway! Yay! Thanks to Emily I have a pretty little something to make my hand sparkle. Go check out her out.

2 comments:

  1. I L-O-V-E Bob Harper and I'm totally going to have to check out the Sloane Crosley book, because anyone described as a female David Sedaris has got to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was one hella good day :) That ring...feel my envy. I would love to have one of those on my my finger!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.