Thursday, October 28, 2010

Week 33

Halloween!!!! It turns me into a little girl who wants to go door to door & beg total strangers for candy! Except we didn't do much of that when I actually was a little girl, I wonder if that's why I have such an affinity for the holiday now? Usually we did something a little more "Christian". *sigh* Yeah, I know...

But at least I still got to dress up even if we were only going to a Church party instead. And darn it, I was CUTE.
Then I got older... like Sue Sylvester said "Halloween is that time of year when we encourage little boys to dress like girls, & little girls to dress like whores." haha Recognize that bodice? Yep, the trashy pirate flashback from a few weeks ago actually originated as a trashy Little Red Riding Hood. Mom helped sew the costume & I made that Big Bad Wolf outfit for my friend by myself in my dorm room! Not bad for not having a sewing kit & only using rubber cement, huh?
Now I'm more mature... have a little more self-respect (& also a little more weight that I don't like to let hang out anymore. haha we'll pretend it's the maturity) so I tend to opt for costumes with more class & glamor. Last year's peacock was my FAVORITE EVER & will be really hard to top, if I ever can. Yes I made that tail myself!!!

So what's in store for this year's Halloween? Uh-uh, not telling. You'll just have to wait until the weekend is over to find out!


***************************************************************

Head over to Christopher & Tia to link up with a Flashback of your own!



7 comments:

  1. The peacock costume is amazing! I may have to steal that for next year. Who can pass up a chance to wear feathers and sparkles and have it be totally acceptable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, My, My...just look at how those dimples have matured!!

    I absolutely love your robot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your peacock costume! So original!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhonda the Robot. That is just simply awesome! Those tail feathers are beautiful. What did you do with them when you were done???

    I adore Halloween. I'm dressing up as an updated, semi Goth Jem from Jem and the Holograms :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you serious?? that peacock costume is AMAZING. And you sure were a cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still resent that robot costume since Mom and Dad sawed off the face mask of my football helmet to make your robot. I'm glad my misery gave you a happy halloween. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.