Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NYC Vay-Cay: Day 2

More stories of my trip to New York:

After a bright & early start (5:45am), some quiet time down at the lake, chocolate chip pancakes (we were totally spoiled by Lo & Scooter), we hopped our bus & made it into New York by about 10am. On the way in as we went through the Lincoln Tunnel I couldn't get "Elf" out of my head...
Through the Candy Cane Forrest, past the swirly-twirly gumdrops... & then... through the Lincoln Tunnel...

2 out of our group of 5 were staying with family in Greenwich Village, my new favorite neighborhood, so we met up with them there. I just want to brag for a moment about how well we found our way around everywhere. There were NO troubles with subways or directions. I'm pretty sure to the untrained eye we appeared to belong. (except for Mark's pop-out map on occasion which came in really handy)

Our day looked a little something like this:



  • Manicures & Pedicures

  • Carrie Bradshaw's door stoop (a block away, couldn't resist!)

  • A walk on the High Line: formerly elevated train tracks that are now a park

  • Pizza

  • A nap in Central Park

  • Metropolitan Museum of Art

  • Brooklyn & an impromptu dinner picnic


As silly as it is, Carrie's stoop was one of my favorite moments. Tink & I just had a mini "Sex & The City" marathon last night & they showed like 6 scenes right there & my heart skipped a beat every time!

Also I was totally in awe of the Monet's and Van Gogh's at the Met. I've seen some in Paris years ago but I wasn't as affected then. I just couldn't help but to get inches away & see every single brush stroke, like my mind could see them being painted & my hand followed along like it was me. It was my first art "experience" & all I want is to have "Cypresses" hanging in my apartment. Maybe someday I'll have a Sugar-Daddy who can buy me a realistic reproduction... Maybe...


By the time we made it to our 11pm bus home I was starting to loose it. haha I don't know if it was the 90+ degree heat or the walking or the early start, but there was totally a moment where I was half laughing, half crying (both make me tear up so it's hard to tell the difference) going "We're neeeeever going to make it baaaaack!" We did, it was just a moment of delirium followed by an unconscious bus ride & somehow I made it to a bed, but I have no recollection of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.