Well I'm not doing a whole lot of "Shaping Up" with Aly, but I'm doing pretty darn good on the "Loving Lauren" plan. I didn't meet my running goals (or even try them, to be honest) nor the spinach goals. BUT there were some good things worth mentioning...
- I swam twice this week. Not laps, just recreational, but it was still good exercise
- That means I was in a bathing suit in front of people TWICE this week. And I must say, I did it with confidence even in mixed company. I'm pretty proud of that.
- I did major amounts of laundry so now all my workout clothes are looking pretty & begging me to use them
- I faced the scale... & it wasn't so bad. I'm not sure where I got this idea that I'm spiraling out of control & exploding right in front of my own eyes, but I'm apparently not. Maybe it's just because I'm not running & don't feel as good, but I'm only 3 lbs heavier than my last run 2 months ago. 3 lbs? Pshhhhh...
But not everything went perfectly
- Get-Go Cookies... YOU'RE ON NOTICE! Why do you have to be so delicious? You're just gas station cookies, who do you think you are being so buttery & soft? HUH? Are you laced with crack, is that why I can't resist your charms? Well enough is enough! Forget on notice, you're DEAD TO ME. And there's no coming back from that list.
While I'm at it, I'd like to update a few other folks who made it on my list:
- Kia, there's no need for you to be parked at the TOP of my driveway. There are 3 spots at the bottom for your use & mine, but when you park at the top no one can go in or out. Except you. And what makes you do special, Kia? I don't care if you're newer or cleaner than my Altima, we will NOT be treated like second class citizens of this driveway!
- To my upstairs neighbors, you need to CALM DOWN about the laundry. If my load finished while I'm at the store, you don't have permission to remove it. I think the courtesy rule is a business day. If you come back tomorrow & it's still there, or check in the morning & it's still there after work, FINE . But that's never gonna happen, so you need to chill with all your hostility & laundry aggression. (Not to mention you left clothes in the drier for 3 days the first week I lived there & I was patient... just saying)
I don't have shape-up goals for this week except for this one: Make good decisions.