Monday, March 8, 2010

Murder & Karaoke

You want to know who killed Ricky Salsa? I'll tell you right now... it was this crazy building, the thing is haunted! Or was it his karaoke rival, the bar manager, the mistress, or the crazed fan? There's not a person in the place that didn't have a reason to want Ricky dead.

Yup, this is how I spent my weekend. Murder & karaoke. Pastor Jim actually wrote this murder mystery dinner theater himself & somehow a misfit gang of "actors" actually pulled this thing off. Don't ask me how! All I know is I've never laughed so much in my life.



And as if that weren't enough, spending hours upon hours practicing our karaoke mystery & entertaining a couple hundred people, I guess we just can't get enough of each other because for our cast party we went to... karaoke. I honestly feel bad for everyone else in that bar when 20 of us took over the place & barely put the mic down all night.



A little Salt'n'Peppa, Johnny Cash, Celine Dion, Eminem, Jay-Z, Neil Diamond, Cindy Lauper, & plenty of shame to go around. If I had to rate this night against all the others in my life... the singing, the dancing, the inappropriate lyrics, the screaming... it would be a solid spot in the top 10. EVER.

The only thing that made it even better was Sunday morning... bright & early at church... it was the camaraderie that only comes from a night like that. All you need is eye contact with eachother to start laughing all over again. Like an unspoken "oh yeah, I know what you did last night." It was certainly one for the books! So much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.