Monday, March 7, 2011

Weddings, Hats & Chins

This weekend my friends got married. Which means celebration & friends gathered, the only ingredients needed to equal a good time. And as promised, I held true to my plan to BRING BACK HATS with the help of a little shop called "Yesterday's News".


I don't know about you, but I'm pretty happy with how the outfit turned out! And although one friend did mention that I looked a little Amish, I got so many compliments from total strangers who hunted me down to say "I saw you at the ceremony & had to tell you how cute your hat is!" And so begins the hat revolution. But I won't be able to take full credit, because check out the lovely Emma rocking some fly headwear of her own....


I might be the worst guest on record. I didn't even get one photo of the bride & groom yet have an assortment on my table goofing off! But take my word for it, Elise was lovely. And as for us... well we entertained ourselves just fine. Sonja was my plus-one & made the whole day more fun. I ate marrow out of a lamb bone on a dare (& it wasn't bad!), & of course it wouldn't be a major life event if we weren't taking chin pictures. God, how I love the chins!


Someday I'll make a coffee book of just chin pictures called "The Days of Our Lives" to chronicle all our most important life moments through chins.

3 comments:

  1. BLURB.COM.....MAKE YOUR OWN BOOK!!!!


    I'll be making my own COCKtail table book!!!

    Just be sure that you have an 'ode' to the creators...Kev! ahahhaha...it is TOTALLY the days of our lives...I've even sent kevin a post card of one of my chins before! :)

    p.s. I was at Target this weekend, and put on a floppy hat...and LOVED IT...nearly bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to start?
    Your hat is ADORABLE! And it's sexy Amish I think! That top is just stunning on you, the perfect color. And I love when you do a chin segment! haha! Can't wait for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when I make the blog!! I just wish I had the foresight to add a full fatty chin to my accessorize my hat. ~ emma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.