Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ink Stories: C.S. Lewis

Hey remember a while ago when I said I would start sharing about my 8 tattoos & then didn't for months? Yeah, sorry about that. I'll work on my follow-through. No time like the present, I guess!

May of last year I got a tattoo on my wrist (lucky #7). It was a big decision... is having a tattoo worth the risk of losing my "professionalism"? And the answer I came to: yes if it's the right tattoo.


That's a sunrise with C.S. Lewis' signature  worked in. It's based off one of his quotes. See, most of my ink is just decorative without deep, significant meanings... but something as prominent as a wrist needs more substance. So I went with the thing in my life that has the most substance of all... my faith.

"I believe in Christianity like I believe in the sunrise... not only because I see it, but because by it I can see everything else" -C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

  1. ohmygosh. That is the most beautiful quote I've ever heard. I kind of what to tattoo the actual quote somewhere on my body! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. :) I had the same issue myself with my wrist tat - best decision ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep talking about getting one, but never have. I want the "perfect one" and still haven't found it. That and I'm too chicken :) I LOVE this one of yours. It's nice that you found the perfect design and the perfect quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.