Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Backpacking Adventure

Labor Day Weekend... a time to rest, relax, enjoy the last of summer, & apparently not be able to move your body for several days after.



There we are at the end of a 12.6 mile backpacking trip through the Laurel Highlands... yep, that's 6.3 miles each way over hills & through forest with a night of "sleeping" in a hiker's shelter in between. *sigh* Fun right? I've been camping plenty of times before but this was the first time to backpack with no chance of escape & no option but to finish this godforsaken trail you've started because no ambulance or helicopter or hearse will be able to reach you.

Ok I'm being a bit dramatic, I really did have a grand old time. But I also was in tears saying "We're never going to make it, we'll die out here!" at one point too. Also I puked... I didn't tell my group b/c I didn't want to be a debbie-downer, but I was so exhausted trying to climb this one damn hill that I puked.  I know, I'm not making a very good case for fun, but honestly I loved spending the weekend with friends out of the city. Really... look at my photos... don't they look like fun? See, smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.