Monday, September 13, 2010

First Run Check-In

Tonight's a short post but I just wanted to check in to let you know I made good on yesterday's promise & went for my first run of a new training season. And although it was nothing to brag about, I did better than expected. I made it 9 blocks, not quite 1 mile. For taking the ENTIRE summer off I'm not going to complain. Especially considering after literally only about 15 steps I thought "Oh crap, this doesn't feel good at all..." but then I psyched myself out & went for it. I think Wednesday I'll map out a full mile & see how that goes before I take it to the laminated training plan phase.

1 comment:

  1. so if i remember correctly - it's not till like week 4 in couch to 5K that you run that far without walking (and even if I'm way off with that, the point is, you've come a long way if you can up and run about a mile after a summer off!) Way to go LW! I'd love to do a jog with you if you want, I've been needing to catch up with you and I go slow lately cause the head's been hating me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.