Didn't my memory jar from Washington turn out great? It gives me hope for the long run with this crafty project. The NYC jar was a little campy but I'm really loving this new one. I tried to save absolutely everything, & even though most of it didn't get used at least a had a variety when thinking "hmm that spot's a little bare, I need something else near the bottom..."
In my Jar:
- wildflowers from a hike
- Theo chocolate wrapper (google it, they're amazing)
- wristband from underground tour
- Starbucks sleeve
- Jr. Ranger badge from the national park
- Seattle skyline trinket
I took my own advice & this time used a wide-mouth jar, it made everything a LOT easier. Can you imagine trying to place those dried flowers with knitting needles? More advice...
- be aware of seems in the glass, they're really easy to go unnoticed until you're staring at the final product
- keep EVERYTHING, like I said earlier
- get 1 cheesy planned trinket that will help clarify location. I looked at key chains, magnets, & finally found this little jewelry thing (at least I think it's a jewelry box, not sure what else it could be) at the airport before I left
Try to use your imagination, can you see how lovely they'll look once I've racked up a few more locations? I'd love to hear more idea on how you preserve memories from the places you've loved.