Friday, July 2, 2010

Week 23




I'm a little slow on posting my Flashback today, but it's been a busy day. Better later than never... Enjoy...

My brother used to be in the Army & was stationed in Germany while I was in college.  In case you didn't know, I love ALL THINGS German. I'd visited once before with a high school trip but this was the first time I went to Germany with the freedom to do & see whatever we wanted. It was A-Mazing!

Our planning skills were a little less amazing though. We totally winged the whole trip with nothing but a rental car & a copy of "Germany for Dummies". Not joking.



I knew I had to visit Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria so we headed down to Munich for a few days & swung by the castle on our way back to Fankfurt.... on the rainiest day of the trip. GREAT planning since you had to HIKE to the castle.

But away we went.....



Then we realized we took a wrong turn & instead of taking the walker's trail we took the backpacker's trail which is shorter but MUCH harder. haha But we made it & celebrated with a little "Rocky" music as I pumped my fists in the air. (Crazy Americans....) I won't bore you with the story of Neuschwanstein or gush about how freaking amazing it was... & believe me it was... you can feel free to google it at your leisure. This flashback is just about that trip & the experience of traveling around "the motherland" on my own as a 21 year old with just my brother. It solidified my love of travel & I can't wait to get on the road again or in the air to a new place. I've got the travel bug BAD & it's eating me alive! Luckily I'll be in New York later this month & Seattle at the end of the summer so I don't have too long to resist running away.

***************************************************


Have your own Flashback Friday! Post your link on the “Christopher & Tia” Blog to participate with other friends & bloggers. Community = Fun.


3 comments:

  1. Feel the envy! My brother was stationed in Germany TWICE and I never got to go :( WAAAAHHHHH! Great pictures and amazing memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSS, for singing Rocky, haha. I totally would have too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seattle's great. Be sure to check out the Underground Tour...they have such a crazy history!

    Have yet to cross the Big Pond...wish I had more than 10 days of vacay...sigh... Cool that you and your brother can stand each other enough to travel with each other. :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.