Monday, April 12, 2010

Scrabble with Boys

I was trying think exactly when it was that I was officially a "woman" & not a girl. Probably the first time I realized it was this one morning in early 2007 when I was headed to work with a coffee thermos in one hand & the clicker to open my car in the other (& I looked GOOD too... a classic pencil skit with pointy heels will never steer you wrong) when I had my moment of "Woah, I'm a grown-ass woman."

For men... I'm starting to wonder if that moment ever comes. heh Don't take it personally guys, I adore you, but I spent a night playing scrabble with a few of you & realized boys will ALWAYS be boys. It's charming... kind of...

Exhibit A: this is how it began

Sure, that's a big word. The biggest, if I'm not mistaken. Let's all congratulate ourselves (& trust me, they did). I thought it was pretty good, actually, they even defined it accurately & I was hoping they would continue with a mind-straining feat of only the most complex words.

That's NOT how it went from here on out.

Yep... great job guys. The word IMMEDIATELY following "antidisestablishmentarianism" was "boobs". I rest my case. Granted it was getting pretty late for a Wednesday night, but they got so carried away & giddy with their little dirty words that they forgot to put the E on the end of "Penetrate". Really, guys?


Although I am pretty proud of "xerox" & "vulva"... double-X & double-V! Those were my words. hehe

3 comments:

  1. Boys will always be boys. That said, I think there's a little bit of "girl" in us always too. We just hide it better. Holy cow, how did you guys even come up with the tiles for that one? I don't think I've ever come up with anything even half that long. Then again, I suck at scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, all dirty words but someone put 'jew'. haha. (if you every need an extra for scrabble night- i can use the brain exercise)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy this on ALL levels but the thing I enjoy the most is that they missed the 's' in eStablishment of antidisestablishmentarianism.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.