Congratulations to the winner of my 2nd giveaway & 100th post celebration:
Comment #4 : BRANDI (#4 was chosen using the random number generator)
I recommend “The Great Divorce”…oh wait…you’ve already read that one. I would have to recommend “The Leader who is Hardly Known” to anyone looking to further develop their leadership skills! And “On the Road” by Jack Kerouac.
A few things to know about our winner:
- She's my all-time favorite hippie & hates that I still use her college nickname, B-Stew.
- She's a vegetarian that once took a break & I got to see her leave a plate full of carnage at wing night. It was the best.
- She introduced me to the "hipster" culture & would probably be one herself if it wasn't a colossal waste of time.
- B-Stew & I originally know each other as DTS sisters (weird, I'll go months without thinking about my sorority & then 3 posts in a row remind me of it.), then she was Jamaican for a year, then we were co-workers & used to tell everyone she was my assistant, & now she lives in the middle of the wilderness somewhere in Washington.
- We both love 90's rock, blogs, & C.S. Lewis.
- Her overzealous passion for things like composting toilets makes me immediately discard the notion as "hippie" & then usually a year later someone will explain it in a way that makes practical sense... but I'll never admit she was right... ahead of the curve even. (girls wearing flannel, anyone?)
- I get to visit her in August! We'll be seeing Seattle & the North Cascades where she lives.
Congrats, B-Stew! Let me know if you want me to mail it or just bring it along on my visit.
Old School Brandi & I - 2005 Formal
(Brandi: left, Me: 3rd left)