Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Passover


I'm not Jewish, so maybe this is a little odd, but I think it's important to know your roots whether that's in a family or religious sense. And the roots of Christianity run deep into Judaism. So Happy Passover, everyone! A time to remember how God looks out for his peeps... to look back at tough times but celebrate being free.


If we look at passover on the Jewish calendar it starts today, which means it actually started last night at sundown.  But from a Christian perspective, Jesus shared the Passover meal with his disciples the night before he was betrayed... aka The Last Supper... aka the night before Good Friday... aka this Thursday. Following me?


So on Thursday night my friends will be getting together to have our own Seder. I'm so beyond excited, mostly because we've talked about it for years & just have yet to follow through, which kills me. But being the queen of anal retentive follow-through we're making it work this year. It's actually turning out almost TOO good, we have so many people I'm worried we won't have enough food! Oy veh...


So if you celebrate passover now, then to you I say Shalom! Wishing you peace, good health, good times & happiness this Passover. And if you're celebrating Thursday I say the same... but 3 days later. heh Not celebrating at all? What the hell, I say it to you too... SHALOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a little message! They brighten up my inbox everyday.